"And I have found both freedom and safety in my madness, the freedom of loneliness and the safety from being understood, for those who understand us enslave something in us. But let me not be too proud of my safety. Even a Thief in a jail is safe from another thief. "

Khalil Gibran (How I Became a Madman)

Lübnan Marunîleri / Yasin Atlıoğlu

NEWS AND ARTICLES / HABERLER VE MAKALELER

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

STL Rejects al-Amin Request to Postpone Initial Appearance beyond May 29- Naharnet

The Special Tribunal for Lebanon on Tuesday rejected a request by al-Akhbar newspaper editor-in-chief Ibrahim al-Amin to postpone his initial appearance before the court in the contempt case beyond the scheduled May 29 session.
“On May 26, 2014, I received a letter from Mr. al-Amin, raising several concerns in relation to the initial appearance. However, I consider that a letter is not the appropriate way to bring such matters to my attention,” Contempt Judge Nicola Lettieri said in an order dated May 27, 2014.
“After the initial appearance will be the appropriate time to discuss the issues raised by Mr. Amin in his letter. This includes arguments on the jurisdiction of the Tribunal over the crime with which Mr. al-Amin and Akhbar Beirut S.A.L. are charged as well as the extension of any deadlines to make sure that the Accused have adequate time to prepare for the case,” Lettieri added.
http://www.naharnet.com/stories/en/132505