"And I have found both freedom and safety in my madness, the freedom of loneliness and the safety from being understood, for those who understand us enslave something in us. But let me not be too proud of my safety. Even a Thief in a jail is safe from another thief. "

Khalil Gibran (How I Became a Madman)

Lübnan Marunîleri / Yasin Atlıoğlu

NEWS AND ARTICLES / HABERLER VE MAKALELER

Wednesday, November 02, 2016

Turkey asks Russia to provide documents to probe incident with downed Russian bomber- TASS

MOSCOW, November 2. /TASS/. Turkey is asking Russia to provide documents to investigate the case with a Russian Su-24 bomber downed by a Turkish fighter jet, Turkey’s Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu said in an interview with Rossiya-24 TV Channel on Wednesday.

"If Russia has some documents, then our prosecutors would ask to provide them. If Russia gives them to us, we’ll hand these data over to prosecutors so that investigative measures are based on specific documents and data," he said.

Turkey is ready to render financial assistance to the family of the Su-24 bomber’s killed pilot Oleg Peshkov, Cavusoglu said.

"I informed Mr. [Russian Foreign Minister Sergey] Lavrov that I’m ready to pay a visit to the widow of the killed Russian pilot, if she gives her consent," the minister added.