"And I have found both freedom and safety in my madness, the freedom of loneliness and the safety from being understood, for those who understand us enslave something in us. But let me not be too proud of my safety. Even a Thief in a jail is safe from another thief. "

Khalil Gibran (How I Became a Madman)

Lübnan Marunîleri / Yasin Atlıoğlu

NEWS AND ARTICLES / HABERLER VE MAKALELER

Tuesday, February 04, 2020

UN Chief Urges End to Fighting between Turkey and Syrian Regime in Idlib- Asharq Al-Awsat

UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres called Tuesday for an end to fighting between Turkey and Syria in Syria's opposition-held province of Idlib on Tuesday.

Guterres told reporters it was an "extremely worrying" escalation in the conflict that the Turkish army and the Syrian regime were now "bombing each other" in the restive northwest region.

"My strong appeal is for a cessation of hostilities," he said.

"We don't believe there is a military solution for the conflict in Syria. We have said time and time again that the solution is political," Guterres added.