"And I have found both freedom and safety in my madness, the freedom of loneliness and the safety from being understood, for those who understand us enslave something in us. But let me not be too proud of my safety. Even a Thief in a jail is safe from another thief. "

Khalil Gibran (How I Became a Madman)

Lübnan Marunîleri / Yasin Atlıoğlu

NEWS AND ARTICLES / HABERLER VE MAKALELER

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

All is calm in Damascus- Voice of Russia


“Streets are calm in Damascus. Even if some people are not satisfied with the government, they do not set demonstrations, to say nothing of armed clashes. The real picture is very different from the one that some Western media are trying to present.”

I think that, in the 21st century, the world, so to say, will see a new kind of wars – wars of electronic media sources,” Mr. Mutuzov says. “Such a media war is already being held over the Syrian events. From what I saw with my own eyes, I can drive a conclusion: like in every country, there are people in Syria who are not satisfied with the governments’ actions and with the living standards. But, for all their dislike of the government, they are not very inclined to overthrow it. It is the West which is warming up oppositionist moods in Syria. And, as far as I can judge, in other Arab countries, the situation is nearly the same – the anti-government moods are warmed up by the West, because it is trying to overthrow the not-too-loyal-to-the-West regimes with the help of the peoples of these countries."