"And I have found both freedom and safety in my madness, the freedom of loneliness and the safety from being understood, for those who understand us enslave something in us. But let me not be too proud of my safety. Even a Thief in a jail is safe from another thief. "

Khalil Gibran (How I Became a Madman)

Lübnan Marunîleri / Yasin Atlıoğlu

NEWS AND ARTICLES / HABERLER VE MAKALELER

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Time photographer - why I took pictures of decapitation in Syria- The Guardian

Time magazine is running photographs of an execution by rebel forces inSyria that are an horrific example of cruelty during the country's civil war.
The images of the atrocity show a young Syrian being decapitated by Islamic militants. An eyewitness told Time that the executioners were from ISIS, a group linked to al-Qaida.
The pictures were taken by a non-Syrian photographer, described only as a professional photojournalist, in the town of Keferghan near Aleppo on 31 August.
Time did not to publish the photographer's name in order to protect him from repercussions should he return to Syria. The harrowing series of images can be seen on Time's website, Witness to a Syrian execution: "I saw a scene of utter cruelty."