"And I have found both freedom and safety in my madness, the freedom of loneliness and the safety from being understood, for those who understand us enslave something in us. But let me not be too proud of my safety. Even a Thief in a jail is safe from another thief. "

Khalil Gibran (How I Became a Madman)

Lübnan Marunîleri / Yasin Atlıoğlu

NEWS AND ARTICLES / HABERLER VE MAKALELER

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Female IDF Soldier Takes Up Arms Against ISIS- Israeli Today

A female former IDF soldier has become the first Israeli to publicly join Kurdish forces battling against ISIS in Syria and Iraq, the nation learned on Tuesday.
“I’m on the Iraq-Syria border, and we’re currently about 3,000 meters from ISIS,” Gill Rosenberg, 31, told Israel Radio in a telephone interview from the battlefield. “I was given an RPG by the Kurdish army,” she said.
Rosenberg is a civil aviation pilot and served in an Israeli army search-and-rescue unit. She wanted to help with the fight against the militant Islamists and contacted the Kurds through the internet. “I found them via Facebook, and told them I wanted to volunteer, and went to Iraq,” Rosenberg said.