"And I have found both freedom and safety in my madness, the freedom of loneliness and the safety from being understood, for those who understand us enslave something in us. But let me not be too proud of my safety. Even a Thief in a jail is safe from another thief. "

Khalil Gibran (How I Became a Madman)

Lübnan Marunîleri / Yasin Atlıoğlu

NEWS AND ARTICLES / HABERLER VE MAKALELER

Tuesday, May 02, 2017

Al-Rahi Advises Officials to 'Avoid Extension, Vacuum'- Naharnet

Maronite Patriarch Beshara al-Rahi advised political parties on Tuesday to reach a new voting system for the upcoming parliamentary polls and avoid an extension of the parliament’s term or vacuum at the legislative authority.
“I don't support the 1960 electoral law. I have always reiterated that I support an agreement on a new voting system,” said Rahi before departing to Rome on a visit that will last for a few days.
He clarified saying: “What I said before was that instead of extending the parliament's term or engage into vacuum, the current law (1960) still lingers but I never said I supported it.”
“There are more than 25 draft laws out of which only one is legal which is the one issued during the government of PM (Najib) Miqati and presented by then Minister Marwan Charbel,” Rahi pointed out.