"And I have found both freedom and safety in my madness, the freedom of loneliness and the safety from being understood, for those who understand us enslave something in us. But let me not be too proud of my safety. Even a Thief in a jail is safe from another thief. "

Khalil Gibran (How I Became a Madman)

Lübnan Marunîleri / Yasin Atlıoğlu

NEWS AND ARTICLES / HABERLER VE MAKALELER

Thursday, June 01, 2017

'Meet Me in Court', Defiant Gemayel Tells FPM as He Accuses Jreissati of Bias- Naharnet

Kataeb Party chief MP Sami Gemayel announced Thursday that he is willing to confront Energy Minister Cesar Abi Khalil of the Free Patriotic Movement in Lebanese courts over the controversial file of leasing power generation ships and the libel lawsuit that ensued.
“This scene in addition to other scenes that we witnessed over the past few months remind us of the era of the (Lebanese-Syrian) security apparatus,” a defiant Gemayel said at a press conference, referring to Abi Khalil's lawsuit against dozens of politicians, journalists and activists who have launched corruption accusations against the minister in connection with the ships file.
“I have already expressed my willingness to have my parliamentary immunity lifted and I hope this issue will be addressed as soon as possible so that we can meet in courts,” Gemayel added.
“The problem is not that you have a problem with 400 Lebanese citizens but rather that we have a problem with you,” he went on to say.