"And I have found both freedom and safety in my madness, the freedom of loneliness and the safety from being understood, for those who understand us enslave something in us. But let me not be too proud of my safety. Even a Thief in a jail is safe from another thief. "

Khalil Gibran (How I Became a Madman)

Lübnan Marunîleri / Yasin Atlıoğlu

NEWS AND ARTICLES / HABERLER VE MAKALELER

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Rifi Blames Hizbullah for 'Roumieh Abuse Media Leaks' as Party Rejects 'Baseless' Accusations- Naharnet

Justice Minister Ashraf Rifi accused Hizbullah of seeking to create differences between him and Interior Minister Nouhad al-Mashnouq following a scandal at the country's largest and most infamous prison.
The party later rejected the claims.
“This campaign aims at targeting the moderate Sunnis, their unity and leadership,” said Rifi in comments published in several local newspapers on Tuesday.
“They have been launching a campaign for the past three months to shove me into a dispute with Minister Nouhad al-Mashnouq,” he said.
Rifi's remarks came two days after videos emerged showing guards beating detainees at Roumieh prison.