"And I have found both freedom and safety in my madness, the freedom of loneliness and the safety from being understood, for those who understand us enslave something in us. But let me not be too proud of my safety. Even a Thief in a jail is safe from another thief. "

Khalil Gibran (How I Became a Madman)

Lübnan Marunîleri / Yasin Atlıoğlu

NEWS AND ARTICLES / HABERLER VE MAKALELER

Friday, April 08, 2016

Lebanon ex-minister Michel Samaha jailed for plotting attacks- BBC News

A former Lebanese information minister who had close ties to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad has been jailed for planning attacks.
Michel Samaha was convicted of smuggling explosives into the country and plotting assassinations with the help of Syrian security services.
His sentence amounts to about 10 years in jail under Lebanese law.
Syria's conflict has had a major impact on neighbouring Lebanon, with parties split on supporting Mr Assad.