"And I have found both freedom and safety in my madness, the freedom of loneliness and the safety from being understood, for those who understand us enslave something in us. But let me not be too proud of my safety. Even a Thief in a jail is safe from another thief. "

Khalil Gibran (How I Became a Madman)

Lübnan Marunîleri / Yasin Atlıoğlu

NEWS AND ARTICLES / HABERLER VE MAKALELER

Monday, February 03, 2014

France working to host conference for Lebanon: Mikati- The Daily Star

BEIRUT: France is working toward hosting a conference to assist Lebanon’s economy that has been hit hard by the crisis in Syria, caretaker Prime Minister Najib Mikati said Monday, after meeting Arab and Western officials in Germany.

“Minister [Laurant] Fabius assured me France is determined to launch a new initiative to support Lebanon and deal with the economic repercussions of the Syria crisis,” a statement from Mikati’s office said.

“For this sake, France will hold a conference in Paris to be attended by friends of Lebanon and various Lebanese political components,” the statement added.