"And I have found both freedom and safety in my madness, the freedom of loneliness and the safety from being understood, for those who understand us enslave something in us. But let me not be too proud of my safety. Even a Thief in a jail is safe from another thief. "

Khalil Gibran (How I Became a Madman)

Lübnan Marunîleri / Yasin Atlıoğlu

NEWS AND ARTICLES / HABERLER VE MAKALELER

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Al-Rahi Hopes Officials Would 'Freely' Elect New President- Naharnet

Maronite Patriarch Beshara al-Rahi lamented on Sunday the ongoing vacancy in the presidency, urging officials to perform their constitutional duties to stage the presidential elections.
 
He hoped during his Sunday sermon that lawmakers would “bravely arm themselves with the freedom of choice and opinion” in electing a candidate.
 
“They should adopt actual initiatives that would enable them to elect a head of state before May 25,” he added.