"And I have found both freedom and safety in my madness, the freedom of loneliness and the safety from being understood, for those who understand us enslave something in us. But let me not be too proud of my safety. Even a Thief in a jail is safe from another thief. "

Khalil Gibran (How I Became a Madman)

Lübnan Marunîleri / Yasin Atlıoğlu

NEWS AND ARTICLES / HABERLER VE MAKALELER

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Syrian refugees struggling to survive-

Baalbek, Lebanon: Laying a series of X-rays across the floor, Hanifa looks over the images that show the spread of cancer through her husband's body.
 
Each treatment costs $US800 – a figure hopelessly out of reach for these Syrian refugees who for three years have lived in a disused school in Lebanon's Bekaa Valley with 42 other families.
"The United Nations is not helping, no one is helping," 60-year-old Hanifa says, unable to hide her desperation. "To whom can we raise our voice? We have no one but God to help us."