HAMBURG, December 8. /TASS/. Syrian Armed Forces have suspended combat operations in eastern Aleppo to enable withdrawal of a column of civilians from the city, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov said on Thursday on the sidelines of a conference of the Council of Foreign Ministers of the OSCE.
"Combat actions of the Syrian Army in eastern Aleppo are suspended today, as a yet another and the biggest one so far operation to evacuate the civilians willing to leave the place is underway there," he said. "There are some 8,000 people in the column. That's a huge operation and the withdrawal route is five kilometers long."