"And I have found both freedom and safety in my madness, the freedom of loneliness and the safety from being understood, for those who understand us enslave something in us. But let me not be too proud of my safety. Even a Thief in a jail is safe from another thief. "

Khalil Gibran (How I Became a Madman)

Lübnan Marunîleri / Yasin Atlıoğlu

NEWS AND ARTICLES / HABERLER VE MAKALELER

Sunday, May 29, 2011

MK Kara: Syria dissidents sought Israel's help- YNET News

Knesset Member Ayoob Kara said Saturday that Syrian opposition figures turned to him and asked that he help convince the international community to act against President Bashar Assad.

Speaking at an event in Beersheba, Kara said that he presented the request to the government, “which refused to intervene.”

"The Syrian opposition asked for my help, because of my connections; they wanted me to turn to the Israeli government so it would support them through various means, utilizing the United Nations, the United States and the European Union against the Assad regime."

The Likud MK said that he cultivated secret ties in Syria, thereby enabling many Syrians to arrive in Israel for medical care.

Addressing regional tensions, Kara added that he fears further Iranian rapprochement with Syria.

“I will not be sitting and waiting for Ahmadinejad to drop a bomb on me from Syria,” he said, adding that he would like to do everything in his power to prevent an Iranian takeover of Syria.

“I sacrificed everything for this country; my two brothers. I was shell-shocked and I’m willing to sacrifice my children too, in order to prevent Syria from turning into Iran,” he said.