"And I have found both freedom and safety in my madness, the freedom of loneliness and the safety from being understood, for those who understand us enslave something in us. But let me not be too proud of my safety. Even a Thief in a jail is safe from another thief. "

Khalil Gibran (How I Became a Madman)

Lübnan Marunîleri / Yasin Atlıoğlu

NEWS AND ARTICLES / HABERLER VE MAKALELER

Friday, May 27, 2016

Franjieh Clings to His Nomination, Denies Confronting Aoun in Jounieh- Naharnet

Marada Movement chief MP Suleiman Franjieh stressed Thursday that he has “the right to be alternative candidate” if Free Patriotic Movement founder MP Michel Aoun does not secure consensus on being elected as president.
“When ex-PM (Saad) Hariri endorses General Aoun, I will go to parliament to elect him, but if General Aoun does not have chances, then I have the right to be the alternative candidate,” said Franjieh in an interview on LBCI television.
“The problem over the presidency is not about me and I won't let General Aoun down should ex-PM Hariri endorse him, although ex-PM Hariri is still supporting my presidential run,” he added.
In response to a question, the Marada leader noted that he would “understand” Hariri's decision should the latter decide to back Aoun.
“Our problem with General Michel Aoun is not about him being the top Christian leader. He is the top leader but he is not the only leader,” Franjieh explained.
“Hizbullah's support for me is equal to its support for General Aoun,” he pointed out.