"And I have found both freedom and safety in my madness, the freedom of loneliness and the safety from being understood, for those who understand us enslave something in us. But let me not be too proud of my safety. Even a Thief in a jail is safe from another thief. "

Khalil Gibran (How I Became a Madman)

Lübnan Marunîleri / Yasin Atlıoğlu

NEWS AND ARTICLES / HABERLER VE MAKALELER

Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Gharib: Coordination with Syria Key to Repatriate Refugees- Naharnet

State Minister for Refugee Affairs Saleh al-Gharib, whose statement about refugees was slammed by the PM, was quoted as saying that coordination with the Syrian government was the “only way to secure the return of the displaced,” al-Joumhouria daily reported on Wednesday.
“My main mission is to secure a safe return for the refugees to Syria that can only be attained through cooperation with the Syrian government. This is the only key, let them find another if they can,” Gharib was quoted as saying.
"I am not interested in getting money for my ministry, as those seeking to settle the displaced do, and I am not the Red Cross or the High Relief Commission to dwell on the day-to-day affairs of the displaced. My main aim is to secure their return to their homeland under the best possible conditions,” Gharib was quoted.
According to the daily, Gharib is in the process of finalizing a paper to address the issue of displaced persons, which he will submit to the Council of Ministers after its completion.