"And I have found both freedom and safety in my madness, the freedom of loneliness and the safety from being understood, for those who understand us enslave something in us. But let me not be too proud of my safety. Even a Thief in a jail is safe from another thief. "

Khalil Gibran (How I Became a Madman)

Lübnan Marunîleri / Yasin Atlıoğlu

NEWS AND ARTICLES / HABERLER VE MAKALELER

Monday, September 19, 2016

Berri Prefers Franjieh over Aoun, Says Has Much to Reveal if Necessary- Naharnet

Speaker Nabih Berri criticized a campaign that held him accountable for the failure to elect founder of the Free Patriotic Movement leader MP Michel Aoun as president, and said that the purpose of the campaign is to “manipulate the facts and distort the truth,' As Safir daily reported on Monday.
“Shall (al-Mustaqbal Movement leader) ex-PM Saad Hariri decide to support Aoun, the “General” would become a president the next day no matter what my stance is. How can I be the one obstructing his arrival at the Baabda Palace in that case?” asked Berri.
However, the daily said that Berri does not hide his initial choice, he said : “Shall I be made to choose between Aoun and (Marada Movement chief) Suleiman Franjieh, I would unhesitatingly elect Franjieh and I have my reasons.”