"And I have found both freedom and safety in my madness, the freedom of loneliness and the safety from being understood, for those who understand us enslave something in us. But let me not be too proud of my safety. Even a Thief in a jail is safe from another thief. "

Khalil Gibran (How I Became a Madman)

Lübnan Marunîleri / Yasin Atlıoğlu

NEWS AND ARTICLES / HABERLER VE MAKALELER

Sunday, November 12, 2017

Beirut Marathon Runners Race to Show Support for Hariri- Naharnet

Participants in Beirut's annual marathon usually run to support medical research or human rights. But this year, Lebanese racers have opted for another cause: their 'missing' prime minister. 
Saad Hariri has yet to return to Lebanon since his shock resignation in a televised announcement from Saudi Arabia eight days ago.
Rumors have since swirled that he is being held in Riyadh against his will -- and energetic Lebanese literally raced to show him support on Sunday morning.
A bright red billboard welcomed runners to the marathon's starting line in downtown Beirut with a picture of a sprinting Hariri and the Arabic caption, "We are all waiting for you." 
"We want our PM back!" was printed on several red and white placards, along with a sketch of Hariri's face. 
Young men and women distributed water bottles labeled with the same slogan, as well as caps that read, "Running for you".
"I needed a cap and I like Lebanon, so I took a hat," said 30-year-old Nisrine Chamseddine, who had just completed an eight-kilometer (five-mile) race.