"And I have found both freedom and safety in my madness, the freedom of loneliness and the safety from being understood, for those who understand us enslave something in us. But let me not be too proud of my safety. Even a Thief in a jail is safe from another thief. "

Khalil Gibran (How I Became a Madman)

Lübnan Marunîleri / Yasin Atlıoğlu

NEWS AND ARTICLES / HABERLER VE MAKALELER

Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Hariri Says Putting Resignation on Hold at Aoun's Request- Naharnet

Prime Minister Saad Hariri said on Wednesday that he is putting his resignation on hold after President Michel Aoun asked him to reconsider pending consultations.
“I discussed my resignation with the President of the Republic who asked me to wait before submitting it... and allow for more consultations," Hariri told reporters after a closed-door meeting at the Presidential Palace and added "I agreed to this request."
Hariri also extended his appreciation for the President's affection, he said: “I thank Aoun for the affection he had shown towards me,” and also thanked the Lebanese “I express appreciation to all the Lebanese throughout the past period,” he added.
He also thanked Speaker Nabih Berri saying: “I also thank Berri for his wise commitment to the Constitution.”