"And I have found both freedom and safety in my madness, the freedom of loneliness and the safety from being understood, for those who understand us enslave something in us. But let me not be too proud of my safety. Even a Thief in a jail is safe from another thief. "

Khalil Gibran (How I Became a Madman)

Lübnan Marunîleri / Yasin Atlıoğlu

NEWS AND ARTICLES / HABERLER VE MAKALELER

Monday, January 14, 2013

News Round Up (13 January 2013)- Syria Comment

Syrian foreign ministry in a letter to UN claims that more than 1000 factories have been dismantled in Aleppo and sold to Turkey by rebels and gunmen. I have asked an Aleppine factory owner if this is true. His answer:

“I don’t know about the numbers, but many factories have been stripped and sold. Of course, Assad is responsible for this by not offering to step aside and setting in place a process for a smooth transfer of power.” My own factory has not been stripped, but the safe box with all operating expenses was taken by the local militia commander. My foreman negotiated with him and he has since protected the factory building. It is closed and all employees have been dismissed. A factory near to mine, which is owned by a Christian who was known to be close to the regime, has been stripped...

http://www.joshualandis.com/blog/?p=17394