"And I have found both freedom and safety in my madness, the freedom of loneliness and the safety from being understood, for those who understand us enslave something in us. But let me not be too proud of my safety. Even a Thief in a jail is safe from another thief. "

Khalil Gibran (How I Became a Madman)

Lübnan Marunîleri / Yasin Atlıoğlu

NEWS AND ARTICLES / HABERLER VE MAKALELER

Sunday, December 13, 2015

Christian female fighters take on Daesh in Syria- Gulf News

Hassakeh: Babylonia has no regrets about leaving behind her two children and her job as a hairdresser to join a Christian female militia battling against Daesh in Syria.
The fierce-looking 36-year-old in fatigues from the Syriac Christian minority in the northeast believes she is making the future safe for her children.
“I miss Limar and Gabriella and worry that they must be hungry, thirsty and cold. But I try to tell them I’m fighting to protect their future,” she told AFP.
Babylonia belongs to a small, recently created battalion of Syriac Christian women in Hassakeh province who are fighting Daesh.
They are following in the footsteps of Syria’s other main female force battling the terrorists - the women of the YPJ, the female counterpart to the Kurdish People’s Protection Units or YPG.