"And I have found both freedom and safety in my madness, the freedom of loneliness and the safety from being understood, for those who understand us enslave something in us. But let me not be too proud of my safety. Even a Thief in a jail is safe from another thief. "

Khalil Gibran (How I Became a Madman)

Lübnan Marunîleri / Yasin Atlıoğlu

NEWS AND ARTICLES / HABERLER VE MAKALELER

Monday, November 07, 2016

Zarif Meets Aoun, Says President Election 'Victory for All Lebanese'- Naharnet

Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif held talks Monday in Baabda with newly-elected President Michel Aoun as part of an official visit to Lebanon that will also include meetings with other top Lebanese officials.
“I seized this opportunity to extend the warmest congratulations to President Aoun on his assumption of the presidency, in my name and in the name of Iranian President Hassan Rouhani and all Iranians,” Zarif said after the meeting at the Baabda Palace which was also attended by caretaker Foreign Minister Jebran Bassil.
“We welcomed the fact that the presidential election in Lebanon was held without any foreign interference. Lebanon's success in holding the presidential vote after two and a half years of vacuum is a victory for all Lebanese,” Zarif underlined.
He said his visit is aimed at “developing and boosting bilateral ties at the political and economic levels.”