"And I have found both freedom and safety in my madness, the freedom of loneliness and the safety from being understood, for those who understand us enslave something in us. But let me not be too proud of my safety. Even a Thief in a jail is safe from another thief. "

Khalil Gibran (How I Became a Madman)

Lübnan Marunîleri / Yasin Atlıoğlu

NEWS AND ARTICLES / HABERLER VE MAKALELER

Friday, March 24, 2017

Gemayel: Proportional Representation Radically Changes Political System,Taef- Naharnet

Kataeb party leader MP Sami Gemayel emphasized that the party still prefers to hold the upcoming parliamentary elections using individual districts --one person, one vote--or proportional representation in small districts, al-Joumhouria daily said on Thursday.
“We are still on our position as for staging the elections using individual districts or proportionality in small districts,” Gemayel told the daily.
Whether he believes an agreement on a new law will be reached in April as reports say, he said: “God willing. But frankly, I personally see nothing of that sort. I have not sensed any serious suggestion.”
On proposals calling to stage the elections under a proportional representation system, the Kataeb chief said: “Proportional representation means a radical change in the political system, the Taef Agreement and the Constitution. I don't know if they will go that far.”
The political parties have intensified their efforts in a bid to agree on a new electoral law before the expiry of the deadlines.