"And I have found both freedom and safety in my madness, the freedom of loneliness and the safety from being understood, for those who understand us enslave something in us. But let me not be too proud of my safety. Even a Thief in a jail is safe from another thief. "

Khalil Gibran (How I Became a Madman)

Lübnan Marunîleri / Yasin Atlıoğlu

NEWS AND ARTICLES / HABERLER VE MAKALELER

Saturday, March 11, 2017

Rahi: Hizbullah's Involvemnet in Syria Divided the Lebanese- Nahanrnet

Maronite Patriarch Beshara al-Rahi stated that Hizbullah's involvement in the Syrian war has divided and embarrassed the Lebanese between those supporting the move and others opposing it.
“Hizbullah has engaged in the war in Syria without taking into consideration the State's dissociation policy. It has divided the Lebanese upon themselves, some supporting its step and others totally refusing it,” said al-Rahi in an interview on Sky News Arabia on Friday.
The Patriarch pointed out: “When Hizbullah engaged in the Syrian war, it did not do as such upon a State decision. It was a decision taken by Hizbullah itself and the Lebanese are divided about it today.
“The State has clearly announced its dissociation policy in the Baabda declaration,” he emphasized.
“I am a citizen and my fellow partner is a citizen, but I am unarmed and he is. This is abnormal,” he stressed.