"And I have found both freedom and safety in my madness, the freedom of loneliness and the safety from being understood, for those who understand us enslave something in us. But let me not be too proud of my safety. Even a Thief in a jail is safe from another thief. "

Khalil Gibran (How I Became a Madman)

Lübnan Marunîleri / Yasin Atlıoğlu

NEWS AND ARTICLES / HABERLER VE MAKALELER

Friday, September 27, 2013

Hans Blix: attacking Syria’s chemical weapons ‘was not a serious idea’- Al-Arabiya

The potential Western-led attack on Syria’s chemical weapons stockpile was not a “serious idea,” the former U.N. chief for weapons inspection in Iraq, Hans Blix, told Al Arabiya in an interview on Thursday.
“I don’t think you want to attack a military store of chemical weapons because it might spread and might have casualties and we don’t want that,” Blix, who was also the head of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) in the late 1970s, said.
“So I don’t think there was much of a serious idea, [or] intention of attacking the chemical [weapons stock],” he added.