"And I have found both freedom and safety in my madness, the freedom of loneliness and the safety from being understood, for those who understand us enslave something in us. But let me not be too proud of my safety. Even a Thief in a jail is safe from another thief. "

Khalil Gibran (How I Became a Madman)

Lübnan Marunîleri / Yasin Atlıoğlu

NEWS AND ARTICLES / HABERLER VE MAKALELER

Monday, October 24, 2016

Franjieh Says 'Won't Withdraw' from Race although Aoun's Chances 'Stronger'- Naharnet

Marada Movement chief MP Suleiman Franjieh stressed Monday that he will not withdraw from the presidential race although the chances of his electoral rival, Free Patriotic Movement founder MP Michel Aoun, seem to be “stronger” in the upcoming October 31 session.
“I will not withdraw from the presidential race and I will attend the electoral session and accept the result no matter what it might be,” Franjieh said in an interview on LBCI television.
“We don't have a problem in the election of General Aoun as president and he has the right to be in the race,” he added.
The Marada chief however lashed out at both Aoun and his new ally Lebanese Forces leader Samir Geagea.
“Since when the names of Dr. Geagea or General Aoun have been associated with a state of stability or prosperity? They have always been associated with a state of war, obstruction and criminality, and I'm not referring to Aoun by the last word,” he said.