"And I have found both freedom and safety in my madness, the freedom of loneliness and the safety from being understood, for those who understand us enslave something in us. But let me not be too proud of my safety. Even a Thief in a jail is safe from another thief. "

Khalil Gibran (How I Became a Madman)

Lübnan Marunîleri / Yasin Atlıoğlu

NEWS AND ARTICLES / HABERLER VE MAKALELER

Friday, October 21, 2016

Qabbani: I Will Not Vote for Aoun- Naharnet

Al-Mustaqbal parliamentary bloc MP Mohammed Qabbani said in a statement issued Friday morning that he would not vote for presidential candidate, Free Patriotic Movement founder MP Michel Aoun, the National News Agency reported.
“In line with my political convictions and those of the people of Beirut, I confirm that I will not be voting for Aoun during the upcoming presidential election session,” Qabbani stated.
A parliamentary session is scheduled to convene on October 31 to elect a president and fill the over two-year vacuum at the post.
On Thursday, al-Mustaqbal Movement chief and ex-PM Saad Hariri has formally endorsed the presidential nomination of Aoun, describing his decision as a “major political risk” that he is willing to take for the sake of the country.
Hariri had endorsed Aoun after his previous support for the presidential nomination of Marada Movement chief MP Suleiman Franjieh was met with reservations from the country's main Christian parties as well as Hizbullah.