"And I have found both freedom and safety in my madness, the freedom of loneliness and the safety from being understood, for those who understand us enslave something in us. But let me not be too proud of my safety. Even a Thief in a jail is safe from another thief. "

Khalil Gibran (How I Became a Madman)

Lübnan Marunîleri / Yasin Atlıoğlu

NEWS AND ARTICLES / HABERLER VE MAKALELER

Monday, January 18, 2016

Franjieh Meets al-Rahi, Says His Presidential Nomination still Stands- Naharnet

Head of the Marada Movement held talks on Monday night with Maronite Patriarch Beshara al-Rahi in wake of Lebanese Forces chief Samir Geagea’s nomination of Change and Reform bloc leader MP Michel Aoun as president.
Franjieh tweeted after the talks: “I am still going ahead with my candidacy for the presidency.”
The MP’s nomination was part of a proposal launched in late 2015 by Mustaqbal Movement leader MP Saad Hariri.
Geagea’s nomination of his rival Aoun for the country’s top post was seen as a reaction to Hariri’s nomination of the Marada leader.