"And I have found both freedom and safety in my madness, the freedom of loneliness and the safety from being understood, for those who understand us enslave something in us. But let me not be too proud of my safety. Even a Thief in a jail is safe from another thief. "

Khalil Gibran (How I Became a Madman)

Lübnan Marunîleri / Yasin Atlıoğlu

NEWS AND ARTICLES / HABERLER VE MAKALELER

Thursday, January 14, 2016

Lebanese Officials Slam Samaha's Release as Protesters Block Roads- Naharnet

Lebanese Forces chief Samir Geagea criticized on Thursday a court's decision to release ex-Minister Michel Samaha from custody stating that it is “rejected by all means.”
“Although I am not an expert on law, I know that releasing Samaha is rejected by all means,” said Geagea in a Tweet.
“How would I understand that a Lebanese has been released after conspiring with foreign parties to carry out acts of crime and explosions in his own country? What kind of message have the head of the court and the accompanying officers relayed to the Lebanese people after such a decision? What kind of hope and future have they left for the Lebanese and the sovereignty of the country?” asked an angered Geagea.
“This is an evil time, but we will not give in and we will do everything in our power to get out of this to a better time!” concluded the LF leader.
Later on Thursday, Mustaqbal Movement leader MP Saad Hariri condemned the decision to release Samaha, saying: “The officers' unanimous decision is a gift to the criminal in the name of the law.”