"And I have found both freedom and safety in my madness, the freedom of loneliness and the safety from being understood, for those who understand us enslave something in us. But let me not be too proud of my safety. Even a Thief in a jail is safe from another thief. "

Khalil Gibran (How I Became a Madman)

Lübnan Marunîleri / Yasin Atlıoğlu

NEWS AND ARTICLES / HABERLER VE MAKALELER

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Syria crisis: Discord grows between Islamist and secular rebels- BBC News


Um Ahmad was the first woman to join the protests in Douma, a town on the eastern outskirts of Damascus.
She is 22 years old and Um Ahmad is not her real name, but nobody likes to give their real name in Syria these days.
Wearing a veil under her pink coat, she lights a cigarette and recalls the first days of the movement.
"I used to go door-to-door knocking on women's houses to encourage them to take to the street," she said...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-20079317