"And I have found both freedom and safety in my madness, the freedom of loneliness and the safety from being understood, for those who understand us enslave something in us. But let me not be too proud of my safety. Even a Thief in a jail is safe from another thief. "

Khalil Gibran (How I Became a Madman)

Lübnan Marunîleri / Yasin Atlıoğlu

NEWS AND ARTICLES / HABERLER VE MAKALELER

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Freed Activists Say ISIL's Jails 'More Horrific than Assad's'- Naharnet


Wide-eyed Seif said his family had lost hope of seeing him again after jihadists from the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant snatched him from his media office in Idlib province.
The 22-year-old was repeatedly beaten by his captors, before being sentenced to death for his media activism and his parents had already been told he was dead.
But an offensive against the group, launched last week by other Islamist rebels outraged by ISIL's abuses, saved his life.
When Seif was reunited with his family and fiancee, he gained a fresh lease of life.
"My parents had been told by ISIL I had already been executed. They couldn't believe their eyes when they saw me," Seif from Idlib province told Agence France Presse via the Internet.