"And I have found both freedom and safety in my madness, the freedom of loneliness and the safety from being understood, for those who understand us enslave something in us. But let me not be too proud of my safety. Even a Thief in a jail is safe from another thief. "

Khalil Gibran (How I Became a Madman)

Lübnan Marunîleri / Yasin Atlıoğlu

NEWS AND ARTICLES / HABERLER VE MAKALELER

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Syria Refugees Return to Border Town after IS Defeat- Naharnet

Syrian refugees in Turkey began returning to their homes in Tal Abyad on Monday after Kurdish forces seized the border town in a major blow to the Islamic State group.
Some 200 men, women and children carrying their meager possessions crossed back into Syria through the Turkish border post of Akcakale, a day after Kurdish fighters backed by Syrian rebels took Tal Abyad.
The fight for the town prompted some 23,000 people to flee into Turkey, but on Wednesday the first returnees said they were eager to get back home.
"I'm returning, I left my husband there. But I'm still very afraid of the bombs, how would someone not be afraid of bombs?" said Fahriye, a 40-year-old housewife.
"I'm also afraid of IS coming back," she said.