"And I have found both freedom and safety in my madness, the freedom of loneliness and the safety from being understood, for those who understand us enslave something in us. But let me not be too proud of my safety. Even a Thief in a jail is safe from another thief. "

Khalil Gibran (How I Became a Madman)

Lübnan Marunîleri / Yasin Atlıoğlu

NEWS AND ARTICLES / HABERLER VE MAKALELER

Sunday, September 16, 2018

SANA: first local elections held in Syria in seven years of conflict- TASS

TASS, September 16. The first municipal elections began in Syria on Sunday in seven years of conflict, according to the state agency SANA.

More than 6,500 polling sites opened at 07:00 local time and will close at 19:00. If necessary, working hours can be increased by 5 hours.

More than 40,000 candidates are competing in 88 electoral districts. It was reported earlier that the Syrian authorities have completed preparations and took all measures to ensure the security of voters.