"And I have found both freedom and safety in my madness, the freedom of loneliness and the safety from being understood, for those who understand us enslave something in us. But let me not be too proud of my safety. Even a Thief in a jail is safe from another thief. "

Khalil Gibran (How I Became a Madman)

Lübnan Marunîleri / Yasin Atlıoğlu

NEWS AND ARTICLES / HABERLER VE MAKALELER

Sunday, September 09, 2018

The Suwayda' National Defence Forces: Interview- Aymenn Jawad Al-Tamimi

Much attention is focusing right now on the prospect of a Syrian government offensive to reclaim greater Idlib province and its environs. However, operations are ongoing against the Islamic State in the Suwayda' desert in the south of the country. Among the forces participating on the side of the Syrian government in the Suwayda' desert campaign are the National Defence Forces (NDF) of Suwayda' province. The NDF in Suwayda' province is among the largest pro-government auxiliary formations in the province. To discuss the Suwayda' NDF further, I interviewed today Emad Najeeb al-Salman, the automation and connections official in the Suwayda' NDF. Any explanatory insertions are in square brackets.